1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Who would go to a bar with one titty?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It'd be better than a bar with no titties. That's a bar I want no part of.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

At least then, you're just drinking with guys.

This way, you're drinking with one of those grandmas with the uniboob.

4. I went back five or six pages and saw no mention of the year's best album:

If you're a fan of shameless and raunchy classic rock, I implore you to run and not walk to the store to buy Wolfmother's self-titled release. Come for the Ozzy Osbornesque vocals and "beginning of Styx's Blue-Collar Man" organ, stay for the Ian Anderson-like flute on one of the tracks toward the end.

Let's party like it's 1979!

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Theo joins Pearl Jam on stage in Boston

[​IMG]

6. A true DeathCab fan will listen to "You Can Play These Song with Chords" and like it.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that's some bad photoshopping

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Still playing the hell out of Prince's 3121.

That's really all I have to add to this thread.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, amigos y amigas ...

Driving through the New Hampshire sticks today on the way to Conc to cover state-championship tennis. Stop for coffee and a green apple in Podunkeapolis. It's a good chance also to change the CD. I choose Miles Davis' "On the Corner," which is, I believe, one of his last albums, if I read the jacket correctly.

A little background: it took only the first few licks of the first track for me to love it the first time I played it. So I listened to it for days on end. Only 4 tracks make up the disc. The first track is something like 22 minutes long. It grabs your cojones like a zealous Vegas craps player clutches dice and throws them into the hardened ghetto streets of Detroit or East St. Louis or Harlem. Funky-ass shit.

The music I love best, and I can't say this any other way, fucks my soul and cums into the deepest reaches of my heart. It takes only a few licks of the first track for this Miles Davis album to start doing that. But Davis is a disappointing lover on this track. Oh, he fucks you good for the first 10-12 minutes, and you're expecting an explosive cumming crescendo, just waiting for that fucking splurge. But he never takes you there. It's a wonderful yet disappointing track all at once. You feel like you've been fucked, yet feel letdown. By the time you get to the 20th minute you wonder how great the musical orgasm could've been.

I've never encountered a piece of music that took me to the edge like this. Anyone else listened to this CD?

Also, the 2nd track is, well, strange: a combination of clapping and the tambourine.

As an aside, I read something on Davis a few months ago. In his final interview for Jet magazine, the guys asks Davis what he'd do if he had 15 minutes to live. Davis said he'd love to wrap his hands on the neck of a white person. I thought that was great.

11. i'm probably in the minority when I say that all but 3 or 4 songs on the Red Hot Chili Peppers new album is god awful dribble. What a waste of money. They should've condensed to 13 songs and left it at that.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Given the posts on this thread, yeah, it's safe to say you're in the minority.

Draft saved Draft deleted