1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose, Never-Ending Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zizzer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. another MLS week, another night of drama at the HDC
    Sigi Schmid (former Galaxy coach) vs. steve sampson (soon-to-be former galaxy coach)

oh year, Crew plays Galaxy

2. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Pleast tell me that's on one of the ESPN networks at 11 pm.... I freaking LOVE those late-night games..... and this time, it'd be the Crew in it!

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry, Zizz. You will get me and a few of my friends as part of the Saturday afternoon game on ESPN2, (4pm) DC vs. NY. Then ESPN2 is showing Sunday's 5pm game of KC vs. FC Dallas.

4. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Damn.... at lest I have the USMNT game in Cleveland vs. Venezuela to look forward to.... my old man got our tickets yesterday. Yay!!!

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

More like the action freed itself after 180 minutes of cagey nothingness.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

He's the best of an average bunch ... miles better than Celo or anything FSC can offer up. I miss having Alexi Lalas in the booth. If the ESPN Directive of Having Former Jocks in the Booth to Offer Inane Analysis must be in effect, then I'll live with Wynalda (but pray for Ray Hudson).

-----------

Hartman should've been more worried about his awful positioning than streamers and confetti.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the Spurs-Gunners goal controversy? I thought that they should have kicked it out, but I guess the ref told them to play on. Great line by Martin Jol -- "All I can say is that when Wenger squared up to me on the touchline, I had to hold myself back because he doesn't know how strong I am."

I also attended the Red Bulls-D.C. debacle this Saturday. About 4,000 people there in a miserable rainstorm.

8. DuceEquitas

DuceEquitas Member

Waldo is by far my favorite on any MLS telecast.

He doesn't mince words like others do. If it's happening, he'll mention it. I like the honesty.

But that's why he's not going to Germany...

9. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Who is going to Germany (as far as announcers)?

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Missed the whole thing, Web, what happened? I mean, imagine my surprise that Arsene Whiner is involved in controversy.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

0-0 game in the second half. Not only the great rivalry, the last game between the two at Highbury, but also huge CL implications Two Arsenal players ran in to each other. After a slight hesitation by a Spurs player and the ref checking on the fallen players (both of whom we getting up), Spurs played on and scored. Both Jens Lehman and Wenger went batshit. Wenger confronted Martin Jol, who said that he didn't see what happened. Jol had a great quote after the match -- "All I can say is that when Wenger squared up to me on the touchline, I had to hold myself back because he doesn't know how strong I am."

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

John Harkes is one. Rob Stone is another. The rest I'm not sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted