1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Morgan Spurlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 24, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He Me Too'ed himself? Wow.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He is ultimately a very odd character and likely not a great guy - not quite full out Trump grifter, but close to it. Much of Supersize Me has been revealed to be bunk or clouded by the fact that Spurlock was a severe alcoholic before, during and after that movie, for example, which might explain why he had liver damage. He admitted to committing sexual harassment and misconduct, which... I guess is better than not admitting it? But still not great. His Wikipedia is littered with stuff like this, which seems like one hell of a "oh god that happened?" sort of cursed project.

"In mid-2010, Spurlock worked with Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon, Ain't It Cool News founder Harry Knowles, and comic book creator Stan Lee to create the documentary Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan's Hope, to cover the stories of convention fans."

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Pallbearers to include Mayor McCheese, Grimace and the Hamburglar.

TOO SOON?

melock, Hermes, HanSenSE and 11 others like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He is survived by Birdie the Early Bird and the Fry Kids.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ronald and Officer Big Mac declined to comment due to ongoing litigation over the documentary.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually his pallbearer should be the ice cream machine so it can let him down one last time.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I enjoyed "Super Size Me" when it came out, but as I look back on it ... the best film on McDonald's IMHO is Michael Keaton's portrayal of Ray Kroc in "The Founder."

"Super Size Me" and especially "Fast Food Nation" don't really hold up.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

“The Founder” is an excellent movie.

The History Channel Show “The Food That Built America” has a Kroc episode. And McD’s is in other episodes. Great series if you’re into that sort of stuff.

Lt.Drebin, garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Yeah.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Founder is one of my favorite films of this century.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The Mayor McCheese prison/ jungle gym was my favorite part of the McDonald’s play land back in the day.

bumpy mcgee, maumann, Kato and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted