1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

His tall, glamorous mom got some laughs last week though.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That's understandable with Marcello.

I like Michael Longfellow, but he hasn't really seemed to catch on with anything consistent except for the occasional Update bit.

Devon Walker is a strong impressionist, and I loved his take on Kel Mitchell in the Kenan & Kelly bit last season.

Chloe Troast is still fledgling, but she's got some wicked good pipes on her, like Cecily Strong.

Molly Kearney is funny, even if they're pretty much pigeonholed into the plus-sized female characters that Aidy Bryant usually filled.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  3. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I don't know if Chloe can do anything besides sing or if SNL knows how to write anything for her that doesn't involve singing, but she was magnetic whenever she received extended screen time this season. In my opinion, all of the featured players were solid this season. I hope they all get to return for season 50.

Lt.Drebin and nietsroob17 like this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Chloe Fineman kind of quietly finished up her fifth year on the show. She's in Megalopolis, if it ever actually comes out, and she was in Father of the Bride, Babylon and White Noise. She seems like someone that might leave, although SNL has been much more liberal about letting its established performers do another show or two while still being part of the cast.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Chloe Fineman is an absolutely amazing impressionist, but often seems to be just there in a lot of skits. Forgot she was in Babylon.

Lt.Drebin and sgreenwell like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh - you are talking about the dolls....:)

garrow likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on the last two eps. I don't know if Che actually wrote the Jost jokes, but they seemed far more brutal than what Jost threw Che's way (though I'm guessing there was an inside joke there on the Kendrick Lamar bit).

Draft saved Draft deleted