1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 galloping Triple Crown thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, May 2, 2024.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There was more frammin' and bammin' going on between second and third than I've seen on a NASCAR track in years. It definitely cost one or the other the race win.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, and there was a couple of times when they rubbed as they were going fast and turning left that I winced little bit because I certainly don't want the horses to get their cages rattled. It ends up worse than Terry.

maumann likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  5. wchDr

wchDr New Member

What a finish. But I couldn't help but think, what if you had 3-2-11 in a trifecta, but not in that order.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As they crossed the line (and before they showed the slow-motion replay) I was shouting, "Mystik Dan got it! I think Mystik Dan got it!"

Driftwood likes this.
  7. MileHigh

Play by play is hard. But horse racing has to be up there as one of the hardest. Great call by Larry Collmus as always.

Bud_Bundy, Driftwood, Chef2 and 2 others like this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Discussion topic: Photo finishes are awesome. Booth reviews and VAR are not. Discuss.

10. MileHigh

Watched this a few times. So good by Larry. He's watching the race, not the monitor. Yes, he does this A LOT. But still. It's a great watch to see him call this and how he see is.

Brilliant!

11. MileHigh

VAR is pretty much photo finish, no? Seeing if someone has an eyelash if they are onside?

As a casual Premier League watcher, VAR is beyond annoying. But like all things, replay I hate how it's used in minuscule stuff.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What was the official time??

Draft saved Draft deleted