1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Every time I go to an NBA game and watch pregame I'm reminded how insanely good the guys at that level are - including the guys who never play. They make everything. So, if one or two guys get cooking in a game, and with how smart the offensive actions are and their size, it's not surprising the NBA is a game of runs. It's always been that way.

TigerVols and Captain_Kirk like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As a veteran of 77-73 (yes, really) Knicks-Heat playoff games in the 90s, today's NBA isn't even the same sport.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Suns lost in part because sub Nikell-Wallace hit 4 threes in 3rd qtr and also because Suns have zero 3 pt shooters (Allen was out, checked box score and Beal went 6/11, must have been during garage time because I don’t recall any significant ones ).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Where have you gone, Goin' To Work Pistons?

A reminder that the Tayshaun Prince block happened in the last minute of a game that ended 72-67. Game 6 of that series, the clincher, was 69-65 Pistons.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What sport of any note is?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Suns have been a total joyless watch all season. It's only appropriate that they'll get swept in the first round. And there's nothing they can do to make the team any better in the offseason. I'm ready for it to be over.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Pistons still score 72 it’s just that the opposing teams score 110.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Where will KD's quixotic quest for fulfillment take him next?

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

MSG replayed a lot of Knicks games from the mid-late 90s during lockdown. Crazy how much physicality was allowed by perimeter defenders as compared to now. The likes of Derek Harper would have fouled out before the first TV timeout these days.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The only highlights from 90’s Knicks I want to see is Van Gundy on Alonzo’s leg.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Do you see any of the W’s B2B Finals MVP KD? All I see is iso KD without any D or any other part of his game.

Draft saved Draft deleted