1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Continuous Journey: 2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tepper laid hands on the guy within the guy's place of business. Anything that happens after that, he's at fault so tough luck if the guy beats the shit out of him.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The NFL would do Tepper a favor by banning him from NFL games for the season. At this point he's a walking lawsuit waiting to happen. Tell me again how the NFL does "due diligence" on prospective owners. Truth is, I think the owners have a much higher percentage of "bad people" in their group, than the players do. And it isn't really close.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know - it wasn't like everybody thought Bryce Young wasn't the best QB in the draft last year and the Panthers reached for him. Tepper is still an ass.

I don't hate the Falcons taking Penix as much as most do - if Cousins is "THE" answer for them to live up to their potential, at 35 he's on borrowed time regardless. And if he does play as well as he is expected to, the Falcons aren't going to be drafting in the top 10 again until after he's done. Is Penix "ready" to lead the team into the playoffs right now? Probably not. But the Falcons had already ridden the Matt Ryan horse into the ground and have struggled to find a replacement. Teams that suck bad enough to draft a top QB generally have more problems than a good QB can fix.
    I think a lot of the "hate" of the Penix pick is that it was the one surprise in the top half of the draft - You still have six or so teams in the league who probably don't know who there starting QB will be the season after next, some don't even know this season,. Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Steelers, Titans, Saints, Jets, Raiders, knowing you are likely set for the next six years - and know the financial outlay - allows you to focus on other areas where there are more options at the position.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yet, they did not even make the Championship Game. Is that a coach coming up short?

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Now that the draft is over, here's a preliminary top 10 of names (in order of selection) you might have expected to hear in a Key & Peele sketch:

Laiatu Lutu

Xavier Legette

Jer’Zhan Newton

T’Vondre Sweat

Kool-Aid McKinstry

Ennis Rakestaw Jr.

Ja’Tavion Sanders

Tarheeb Still

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

Qwan’tez Stiggers

Honorable Mention: the undrafted Marcus Romedy-Jacksaint

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Qwan'tez Stiggers is the one that immediately made me think of that sketch.

mpcincal and Spartan Squad like this.
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I actually came up with the idea of the post when someone suggested on X that Chargers might take Romedy-Jacksaint with their last pick, hence my addition of him as an HM.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Special shout out to Christian Mahogany. He’d show up in a top hat and monocle in the intros

mpcincal likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep reading about how the Steelers won the draft. Should I be excited about that or concerned?

They did add to their history of players missing an ACL. Hines Ward and Greg Lloyd managed just fine. Hopefully, Payton Wilson can do the same.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted