1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 19, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Preds with 16 shots on goal.

• Shot No. 12 was a Colton Sissons goal at 8:04 of the second period.
    • Shot No. 13 was Sherwood’s empty netter with under two minutes to play.
    • 14-16 came off a garbage-time power play that soon followed the empty netter.
    Canucks just played with clenched assholes on the offensive end. Chances were there for them.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Canucks thoroughly outplayed Nashville, but good for the Preds, they were in the shooting lanes all night, blocking shots forcing shots wide but were real lucky the Canucks couldn’t hit water out of a boat.

DeSmith is terrible, Preds have a huge advantage in net.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Got home from my kid's baseball game. Turned on the game just in time to see Ovechkin fumble that away. Turned the game off.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It was a pretty goal. Mika had everyone focused on the pass back to Kreider, and instead passed it to a streaking Miller who came trailing in.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No doubt it was a pretty goal. Just an inexcusable fumble at the blue line for someone who should know better, though. Overall, I came away feeling like the Caps could at least steal one at home. Carberry made some nice adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2, which is encouraging. Though if New York wins Friday, I predict they close it out Sunday.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in non-Cup news:

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

IIRC ... Los Angeles, New Jersey, Ottawa and St. Louis all have interims.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Ruff back in Buffalo

Granted, Quinn didn’t have much to work with, but those prolonged losing streaks were ridiculous.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

It was mind-blowing St. Louis lost twice late in the season to them. So much for chasing a wildcard berth.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

RIP to the voice of the Minnesota North Stars, Al Shaver.
    Joined the expansion franchise in 1967 and called its games for 26 seasons. Declined to move with the team to Texas.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

He was a good egg.

RIP

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Mike Zibanejad and Chris Kreider are joined at the hip. Really good friends, line mates and they have developed amazing chemistry.

They also kill penalties as a pair.

I just read this in a Larry Brooks column in the New York Post. ... and I thought it was insane.

During the regular season, the Zibanejad-Kreider PK unit was on for 118:31 in which the Rangers scored six shorthanded goals while allowing eight power-play goals against.

When they were on the ice killing penalities, they were almost as great a threat to score as the opposing power play unit was.

Draft saved Draft deleted