1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Real cops said Lenny Briscoe was a real cop.

UNCGrad and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agree on last two episodes. Top-notch. But, I've enjoyed the whole season. I think it just has hit me right when I needed something really silly and focusing on the absurdity of the little things in life.

jr/shotglass and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Another fantastic episode of Shogun. I think that because you have to read the subtitles to keep up with 80% of the dialogue, it forces extra concentration. Can’t play on the iPad or post here while you are watching.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

3 Body Problem, two eps in. Very intriguing, very enjoyable.

garrow likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Feud on FX about Truman Capote and "The Swans" - socialites he wronged in a couple chapters of a never-realized novel.

Naomi Watts (long a favorite of mine) is very good as Babe Paley, one of the socialites. Tom Hollander is fine as Capote, and almost too fine; he becomes grating.

Story meanders before sticking the landing. Gus Van Sant directs most of it, so it's polished. Ryan Murphy oversees the projects, so it has...over the top...moments in a few sex scenes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Quiet on the Set on Max about the treatment of kids on Nickelodeon shows in the late 1990s, early 2000s is really well done. It is shocking to see some of the stuff that went on.

They got some really candid interviews.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is next on my binge list. My daughter has been watching it with some of her friends at college and she said it was really good. She grew up on those shows, so I watched many episodes of them with her. I also remember Dan Schneider from his days on Head of the Class.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I love the pageantry of the show.

It’s the interactions and the unexpected reactions that just blow me away.

He speaks so quickly and thoughtlessly and the women are so slow and deliberate. It’s magnificent.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Finished 3 Body Problem. I'm going to be so pissed if they leave it on that cliffhanger.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The scene in the Tea Room in episode 6 was perfect.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This royally sucks. Dude was great in both Sabrina and Gen V. Just awful

Draft saved Draft deleted