1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ronda’s Mom: “It’s still real to me, dammit!”

Also interesting coincidence that both Becky and Ronda have books coming at at nearly the same time.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From some of the stuff she's said in interviews lately, it might still be real to Ronda as well.

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

it's still real to Dwyane, dammit!

Batman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know WWE owns the old WCW intellectual property, but I never thought they'd recycle Glacier's entrance.

Oz and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. nietsroob17

Oh boy. We've already got Dana Brooke accusing Tiffany Stratton of stealing her moves. Now, we'll have Glacier beefing with Jade over her entrance.

Batman likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

That tag ladder match is going to be a blast. I think the end game is still going to be Awesome Truth winning to give Truth the big pop, but DIY and the Brits are going to go wild, New Day can still go, and JDay will be big, too. Theory/Waller offer nothing more than being the sniveling heels trying to sneak around, but they needed another heel team in there somehow.

Batman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  7. nietsroob17

So now we have Damage Control vs. Jade/Bianca/Naomi, and we'll probably get Lashley/Profits vs. Kross' gang.

I know the women's tag belts are basically a step up from the 24/7 now, but I'm of the belief that every belt should be defended at Mania. They couldn't have just done Kabuki vs. any two of the three they're facing? Or just make it a four-way tag and get some more faces on the card. Since Piper is injured, let Chelsea team with yet another new partner -- she's too great of a character to not be involved.

I'm still surprised they have Jade on SD and not Raw. Basically, they now have every Black female (and almost every Lucha male) on the main roster on Fridays.

8. nietsroob17

Glad to see the five men of the NOD reunite. The Nation of Danhausenation.

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. nietsroob17

OK, that's a pretty sweet callback.

10. nietsroob17

Oh boy. The first segment of the Roman Biography was a total promo piece, with Heyman in character and Hogan, Flair, Austin, Taker, HBK, Trips and Cena acknowledging him.

Just give me a some Joe Anoa'i and not two hours of the Tribal Chief.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

The stuff in the middle was good, but I could've done without the Tribal Chief stuff at the bookends.

The relationship with Rosey was touching (there was a real sentimental photo with Roman and Hurricane a few years ago after a Rumble, considering the superhero tag team).

Also never really before caught on to Roman feeling he had to overcome being only half-Samoan (to a white mom), next to all his full-blooded relatives.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this on YouTube and thought it was just an interesting slice of history. A Bob Backlund vs. Iron Sheik rematch in Philly from March 31, 1984, so a few months after the Backlund-Sheik-Hogan title switches. Hogan is in Backlund's corner, and winds up interfering after a ref bump to give the Sheik the DQ win.
    It's always kind of fun to see moments like this, right as the business was starting to change but they hadn't quite figured out the formula yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted