1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Grant Nelson went from North Dakota to Alabama. At least he'll have a doctorate in hillbilly.

Batman likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I once covered a Division II football playoff game between Delta State and North Dakota State in Mississippi. Delta State was up big in the fourth quarter, the fans were feeling it, and speakers on the sideline were playing Hank Williams Jr.'s "A Country Boy Can Survive" at peak volume.
    I kinda felt like saying, "Um, you know that North Dakota is probably even more country than Mississippi, right?"

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Now all I can hear is him as Lurleen Lumpkin on the red carpet of the Krusty comeback special.

"I spent last night in a ditch."

John and Hermes like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Elliot Cadeau’s mother from the top rope on Twitter/X after Hubert Davis decided it was a good idea to bench his point guard for the final 15 minutes of the game:

“That was an unexpected turn of events.”

Blowing up a well-established rotation in the second half in the Sweet 16 is certainly a choice. I’m pretty sure Hubert Davis isn’t it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe Tennessee and Purdue think that, too.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Too bad the game isn't on Monday. Maybe the Vols can shoot better than 30% if they ever get to play in April.

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I hate both of those teams, but am a Midwest guy, so I watched. Just about had an anxiety attack from everything about the way it was played.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It was probably fine in context, but switching over from the Bama game felt like going from 78 to 33 RPM.

tapintoamerica and I Should Coco like this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Will give the NCAA credit with scheduling. There are two standalone games today ahead of the men's tournament -- Oregon State-Notre Dame at 230 and South Carolina-Indiana at 5. Same tomorrow with LSU/UCLA and Iowa/Colorado going on before the men get started in the evening. There's still some overlap with the men, but it's nice that some of these games will get their own viewing windows.

I Should Coco and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Hubert Davis's shutdown routine in the presser?

Respect to Cormac Ryan for attempting to cover for his coach.

12. nickp

nickp Active Member

It’s so weird to see Clemson vs Alabama in NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted