1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023-24 Running NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 24, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When did the Orlando Magic get good?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

No real superstar yet - Banchero is still developing and kind of just takes the most shots - but they go about seven deep when it comes to "league average or better" players, and have roughly 10 or 11 guys that you can justify as being part of an NBA rotation, even if it is on the fringes. Like Joe Ingles isn't a great player or anything at this point, but he's a grown-up and 10th in MPG for them.

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The fact that the Wolves look like legit contenders have anything to do with the current stance Mr. Taylor? (I thought the new financing was just as strong as the Carlyle $$ but maybe I'm wrong.)

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think you meant to reply to Matt and not me, but - Absolutely! I think A-Rod and Lore got a sale valuation around $1.5 billion, whereas now most people think the Wolves are more worth $4 billion, between recent NBA sales and their uptick from sad sacks.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Tonight's Celtics broadcast crew comically salty

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Getting a little concerned about the Celtics after back-to-back losses to the Hawks.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

Now wanting the technical foul criteria loosened so Tatum can complain without getting rung up. What a small-time broadcast for one of the league's premier franchises.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hard to believe, but this crew is the less homery of the lot. Scalabrine is bacl in the studio. At least Johnny Most was entertaining.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

Did not miss Embiid throwing himself into guys and falling down on purpose

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mavericks-Warriors is drunk.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nice win for the Warriors. Draymond looked great down the stretch.

I've probably said this before, but I'm really curious to see what they do this offseason. Klay's deal is up. Are they content to make the team the Splash Brothers Museum and fight to make the play in, or are they willing to make some hard choices?

Draft saved Draft deleted