1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Because it's cheaper to pay for it than not pay for it.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Stadium is on one of my subchannels over the air here. They'd air random high school football games in the fall, which was interesting.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

Matt1735 likes this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The NFL Network runs that first Saturday tripleheader of the season. ABC/ESPN always had 6-7 of those third-tier bowl games like the New Orleans Bowl, Celebration Bowl. L.A. Bowl, Cure Bowl, etc.

They will eliminate a couple bowls, put the rest on ESPN and the playoff games on ABC?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

CFP games will be on ESPN.

7. dixiehack

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

ESPN2 is YOUR new home for the New Mexico Bowl!

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Chief among the obstacles this new venture faces are the billions of dollars in TV deals that all the top conferences have locked in with the major networks: ESPN/ABC, Fox, NBC and CBS. The FBS conferences recently signed off on a six-year, $7.8 billion extension with ESPN for the exclusive rights to the expanded College Football Playoff."

Really? Do tell.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sport does need an intervention and has proven to be unable to govern itself. Hell, when you have leaders asking for Congress with help for NIL regulations because your governing body and schools are impotent - I'm guessing only Congress or the threat of a sizeable lawsuit from private or government entities will get this thing sorted.

12. dixiehack

The Super League would be fantastic in the sense it would help me walk away from the sport with zero regrets - well other than the fact that it currently defines my personality to an unhealthy degree.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted