1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Bad Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by garrow, Mar 22, 2024.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Also available on YouTube. Watched it two weeks ago.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I think this one fits in both "Bad Movies" and the sports "probably better than" category.

Dead Solid Perfect, golf movie with Randy Quaid, Jack Warden, and a delightfully naked Corinne Bohrer. Probably better than Tin Cup, for my liking.

One of those movies you can easily have on in the background while doing dishes, folding laundry or doing whatever mundane household chores.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

Oh God, I forgot about Tin Cup. I love that piece of crap and can quote the whole thing.

"She don't know you live in a Winnebago."

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but it feels like dumb movies aren't made anymore, nor are the older ones easy to seek out. New movies are so fucking expensive to make that even the truly dumb ones (Snakes on a Plane) are self-aware w/a certain gloss to them. There were so many dumb cheap movies back in the '80s, but streaming seems so narrow. Are you going to be able to find "The Heavenly Guy," "Dangerously Close" or "Fire With Fire" on a streamer? Or any of the HBOs (maybe, I only look every now and then)? I guess, as John notes, we can watch them on YouTube. But it's not the same as stumbling into one while channel surfing.

justgladtobehere and Batman like this.
  5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

SO many great lines ...

"You can't ask for advice about the woman you're trying to hose FROM the woman you're trying to hose!"

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

“I have another appointment in a half-hour.”

“Thirty minutes? That’s plenty of time. Hell, I ain’t THAT fucked up!”

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Tin Cup was one of those movies that was eternally on either Comedy Central or TNT or HBO... Or, well, all of them.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

To this day when I grab my seven-iron I say, "And then there's the seven-iron. I never miss with the seven-iron."

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My law school roommate and I had the movie on VHS and we would periodically just watch the Keith David scenes. He was hysterical.

Alma likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In the rap world, CB4, Disorderlies and Who’s the Man were all great bad movies.

garrow and Regan MacNeil like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now you have me wanting to see a movie about Stud Cantrell and Crash Davis trying to co-manage a team to the World Series.

There is a very good reason why my fantasy baseball team is the Tampico Stogies. Such a fun movie. I remember reading that there is some weird licensing issue that keeps it off Max, which sucks, but at least we can still watch it on YouTube.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

I read that HBO somehow lost the rights to it and apparently no one has any rights to it now.

Oh and The Color of Money does not hold up at all and I still can't get enough of it. Poolhall Junkies, on the other hand, was such a turd that I had to force myself to finish it.

Draft saved Draft deleted