1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That tells you how little I pay attention to college basketball.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I realized I will miss the beginning of the draft (or at best in and out). Anyone know if there's a way to pre-rank without the keepers?

3. outofplace

Sorry. I've been poking around on the site trying to find a way to do it, but no dice.

Draft begins in less than two hours. The draft room opens at 7:30.

Huggy likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I kept Cruz instead of Jung

I posted that on the 12th

5. outofplace

Very sorry about this. I did not look at the site until just now, so I didn't see the problem until you posted in the chat about three minutes before the draft started and I couldn't fix it. Hopefully, Jung goes off and makes this work for you.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s fine. This is a no money league.

I’m more mad at myself for auto picking Altuve.

7. outofplace

Thanks for being cool about it. I will make it a point to remind everyone to check under draft results when I plug in the keepers next time. I think it's the first time I've messed something like that up, but I should make sure I have everybody's help checking my work so it doesn't make it through to the draft again. I should also check in here more on the day of the draft, but yesterday got busy.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We have converted to a saves+holds categories, but I'm not seeing a way to track holds or a combined category. Was it added to the league?
    Thanks

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like it. I'm still showing only saves. If I'm being honest, I forgot we even did that, so I didn't draft that way.

10. outofplace

Well, this is annoying. I set the league to saves+holds weeks ago. There was even a set of rankings particular to our league that reflected the change in the draft room. I checked after reading your post and the damn thing reverted to saves only for no reason. (Fucking Yahoo!) I just fixed it. It should show in our scoring and when you look at available free agents now.

G0od catch. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    Huggy likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Here’s a philosophical question: How good would a Trevor Bauer or Mike Clevinger have to be before you’d be comfortable grabbing him on waivers?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, it’s fantasy sports. I have no control over anyone else’s behavior. The guy is eligible to play, so why not grab him. I made it to my fantasy football league championship game one year because I grabbed Michael Vick off waivers. I had Jamal Lewis as a keeper on my championship winning team, kept him again and repeated as champ. It’s fantasy.

ADD: And I just added Clevenger. I’ll go wash my head out with soap now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted