1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If Grover can’t keep his job, we’re all fucked.

garrow likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I may or may not have just pilfered a glass from my favorite micro brewery. There was zero places to sit inside. I went out on the deck, and when the sun dropped, the temperature really dropped.
    I couldn't take it anymore and wasn't going to chug or leave 3/4's of a beer.*
    Mea Culpa.

*I did not put the alleged glass to my lips on the 2 mile trip home. If the above story actually happened.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nixon: I understand the system, I believe I can, uh, I can control it. Maybe not control it totally, but tame it enough to make it do some good.
    Female student: Sounds like you're talking about a wild animal.
    Nixon: Yeah, maybe I am.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eddie Thomas from the band Mancrab is one of the dancers in Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

From a 2015 blog:

Eddie Thomas, the lead singer in Mancrab’s 1986 song ‘Fish For Life’ was one of the tuxedo dancers in the Tears For Fears ‘Everybody Wants To Rule the World’ video – The big question is who is the other dancer? From what I have been able to determine he is the other member of Mancrab but for some reason I can’t find a reference that names the entire ‘group’ – all they list is Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley and “Eddie Jnr” (Eddie Thomas) but no mention of the other fellow except that he previously danced with Eddie Jnr in the EWTRTW video. I LOVE that scene in the video! Who is this mystery dancer? See Mancrab Fish For Life 1986 single video:

That song was apparently part of Karate Kid soundtrack.

With that, who is the other dancer with Eddie?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Around the Horn is on in the airport bar here, and JFC, when did Woody Paige turn into Emperor Palpatine?

swingline likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I'm dealing with a process that is important but not crucial. It should be easy, but I am getting pissed off at the people at the other end and am going nuclear. I need to get this done, but I am enjoying going off on the other people.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My goodness my news feed is littered with click-bait/April Fools nonsense - Team X moving to Conference X seems quite popular this year.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Dodgers pages on FB were filled with phony trades and contract extensions. Just a freaking waste of time.

garrow likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kevin Millar tried saying he's leaving MLB Network and Intentional Talk for NESN and his co-hosts couldn't even pretend to believe him.

Siera Santos said it would be more believable is he said he was pregnant.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing is - was yesterday that much different than a headline "Trade lands Vikings No. 3 pick in NFL draft" and its a proposal from some writer saying what he thinks a team should do?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Random thought, yes, but I believe it's Smallpotatoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted