1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Thread (post a song)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I stumbled across this on Spotify. Absolutely stunning version of this song, I had never heard of her before this either.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I had never heard of her before I ran up on this yesterday. It tells at least part of the story of how she broke out.

This doc is the other half of the story. It's about how her career took off after her death, with her tapes getting released and a duets album recorded. It's remarkable what happened. What a voice, such a pity. Fuck cancer.

OscarMadison and Huggy like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprisingly - the lead vocals are the weakest part - but the backing and the beats are spot on. Tremendous. Slovenia. Go Figure.

This group is fantastic.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    OscarMadison and ChrisLong like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This band is crying for Posty!

ADD: The beat-boxing guy on the mic is low-key stealing the show.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Thanks. That was terrific.
    "Rosanna" has long been a favorite of mine, back to when one of my best friends married a woman named Rosanna. I haven't spent a lot of time looking, but I will try again to find a lengthier version. There is a jam in the middle and the song ends in another jam that isn't included in most recorded versions. I'll look for a live recording and see what I can find.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is there is law that any content put out by Beyoncé has to launch 1,000 think pieces?

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No more than when Taylor Swift does.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of my grievances with NPR is they will only cover certain things if they can find a racial, grief, mental health, sexism, migrant or global warming angle to it.

The Super Bowl? How will the end of the football season impact the mental health of its fans?
    Country music? Is someone writing songs about grief? Or racial injustice?
    Blockbuster movies? What does it say about global warming? Or misogyny?
    The Bachelor? How will a contestants age, ethnicity change the way we view beauty?

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Heard this Sharon Van Etten song from 2019 on the local indie station and it sounds so much like Siouxsie it's spooky.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Interesting EWF ... but zero match for the original:

Draft saved Draft deleted