1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Self Praise

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

It’s better I say nothing about that place.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He says he gets too many reader phone calls to handle and prefers email, then tells readers how to do their emails. Give me an effing break.

Readallover, SFIND and matt_garth like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Complete joke of an operation and has been for decades.

Readallover and matt_garth like this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

NJ.com has a lot of good writers, and at least two complete fucking lunatics amongst its editors.

Woody Long likes this.
  6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

A week earlier, he basically said he was the new ombudsman (my word, not his; he probably doesn't even know what that is). Last week's message was "we want to hear from you."

Either he's the laziest guy to ever hold that job or he's too busy doing another job in the newsroom to actually do this new job.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

THIS has nothing to do with journalism, BUT, hit the 8 gallon mark in blood donations (in Oregon - its higher with my history in California) so I treated myself to a BBQ joint I've been wanting to try. The food was tremendous! On I-5 just south of Salem (its a food truck with tents for dining rooms - and a great beer selection if you are in the area). Plus - they were doing a trivia night - so while I finished my beer I participated, finished second! Won a gift card. All by myself!!!!

By the end there were only three teams participating.....but STILL!!!! :)

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My boss complains constantly how Jersey's got nothing everyone else has. She might have a point.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Jughandle turns, BITCH.

10. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

New Jerseyites don't know how to pump gas or make left turns at highway intersections.

Draft saved Draft deleted