1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Amin Elhassan was talking this week about the absolute joke the NBA considers the NCAA game. Mostly he said it was the incompetence of the coaching that irks NBA people. They don’t prepare their players for the league. Two-on-one breaks where nobody passes the ball, stupidly leaving backdoor cuts available. And offensively, they just run plays and never teach spacing. One of the big exceptions was Jay Wright, and he’s gone.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I was on an elevator with Mulkey some time after Griner had finished her career at Baylor, and I asked about her. Kim said she had not heard from Griner at all. I thought then, You know, the phone works both ways. Mulkey could reach out as well.

But, as much crap has been thrown Mulkey's way lately, and some of it is well-deserved, she was very kind to my dad during her time at Baylor. She made time to sit and talk with him in her office many times, and Dad was not anywhere close to a big-time donor who felt his donations earned him that time. He was just a big fan of Baylor women's basketball. And, a few years after his death, Kim told me at an NCAA regional, "Your dad would have loved this."

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know if we'd expect anything else. And if Mulkey is a MAGA, she was never going to be waiting at the airport with hugs.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Good for her.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who has described the SC players as bar fighters, monkeys or thugs?

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Did you listen to her?

What’s being said but not printed.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She said "some people in the media". Who are they?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Enlighten this naive soul. What's the difference between a bar fighter and a street fighter?

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As an Iowa alumni living in the PNW myself (as is my wife), it surprised us how many Hawkeyes live here. A whole lot of them joined us in Seattle last weekend. Plus quite a few made the trip from Iowa.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One fights in a bar and one fights in a street.
    /NotChatGPT

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Did anyone ask that follow up?

Draft saved Draft deleted