1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It shaved a few important percentage points off Trump’s base. When the country is this gridlocked, that’s important to shrink his permabase from 38 to 34-35 percent.More importantly, Jan. 6 scared the left of the Democratic party just enough to unite under Biden, avoiding a Johnson-esque splitting of the party Republicans counted on (and, frankly, I expected and dreaded).

It’s amazing how the party hasn’t turned on him given the inflation numbers. We now know what the alternative is, and it wears bullhorns and storms the Capitol.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They’re not confident he’s going to beat those charges, because Bragg wouldn’t have brought them if he thought he could lose.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Good line.

I Should Coco and Sea Bass like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

With c, are you saying it wasn’t an insurrection?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Trump was an ordinary rich guy facing these or similar charges, and if he had real criminal attorneys rather than bozos he can easily stiff working for him, it'd all go smoothly. The basic power dynamic is that Bragg absolutely cannot afford to lose and Trump has years of appeals he can play. So he'd plead to the lesser charges, and bargain down the most serious ones to lesser ones. Then he'd get fined a bunch of money and it's back to business as usual. But the more he tries to make this the Dreyfus Trial, the more he'll probably do more criminal stuff.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

exactly

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

And they're about to see this chickenbleep fear blow up in their face. The Democrats WANT to run against Trump. He's a bleepin' moron. Who has lost his mind, what there was of it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

BINGO, Michael.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This is where the Republicans keep sending mixed messages.

I keep hearing, a) "The Democrats WANT to run against Trump, because Biden believes Trump is the only candidate he can beat."

While also hearing . . .

b) "The Democrats are indicting Trump to keep him from running in the election" . . . which would mean someone else would run (who ostensibly would have a better chance at beating Biden, if a) is true).

So which fucking one is it? It can't be both.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just watched a clip from last night's show where Maher was interviewing NH Gov. Chris Sununu. I've heard of the guy but never been exposed to him. He's a jackass.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hence, trigger Trump as much as possible between here and there because he cannot contain himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted