1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

maumann, jr/shotglass, Hermes and 2 others like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Walton, Alcindor, Clark, Bird…

Snd she probably has next year.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If Ferentz coached women’s hoops, he’d have Clark hold the ball and milk the shot clock!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was thinking this season. I should have qualified that.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Extremely late to the Caitlin Clark show - but what a fun player to watch. Great shooter, but also capable of some "junk ball" hoops. SC didn't impress me as much. I understand how they can dominate 95 percent of the teams they face, but their ball handling and shooting isn't great.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    dixiehack likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm reminded about that old joke about Dean Smith being the only coach who could hold Michael Jordan under 20 points. Sub Brian Ferenz for Smith and sub Clark for Jordan.

I was watching this game at my local tavern tonight, along with some Iowa ex-pats. The place was almost all guys, who were transfixed by Clark's game and loudly pulling for Iowa. Never seen anything like it in Microville for a game not involving the Beavers.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Chickens were much better equipped to do so and didn't. Doesn't make me think LSU will fare any better against her.

But can the rest of the team be shut down? When NCSU beat them in Iowa City, Clark went for 45 points, but a combination of none of the other players like Czinano having a big game and the Hawkeyes playing no defense were how the Wolfpack won.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They've been doing a lot of that this season. More Clark than Bluder for the Hawkeyes.

Has a future as a coach when she's done playing. Sees and analyzes the game almost as well as she actually plays.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

SC was just so powerful inside and strong defensively they could just overwhelm people, I guess.

I’m not going to condemn them defensively on the pick and roll, but more give credit to Iowa having one of the greatest ones ever. The Iowa center was really, really good at rolling to the hoop. But, then again, there might have been zero chance of her passing that ball if help could get over in time.

And Clark, by herself, just beat one of the best college basketball teams of recent memory. Just imagine if she was on a team like South Carolina in the WNBA?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Terrific game, all-time player.

I’m intrigued to see what Mulkey does against Clark.

The women’s college game is frequently more enjoyable to watch than the men’s college game. Shots are made, plays are run…

Men’s CBB is allowed to be too physical.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted