1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I prefer the Lesbianics myself. [/crossthread]

Hermes likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Baseball names that connote masturbation: Brad Hand.

maumann likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Three Finger Brown.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, just adjust the pitch clock to 20 and 25 seconds. Still a superior product to the dragging games of yore.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, she's limited her movie selection to Gone With the Wind, the Sorrow and the Pity, and Heaven's Gate.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just found out the Guardians local Class A affiliate — under new ownership — jacked up its ticket prices and eliminated things like Dollar Dog Night and Thirsty Thursday, where you could get a drink for a buck. They held a press conference a few months ago announcing how they were doing everything for the fans and if you have to stand in line for a beer, they failed. Won’t have to stand in line if there’s no one in it!

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They're no RubberDucks. That's for sure.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t expect a beer for a dollar with inflation at seven percent.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yes, because we all know attending a now 2 1/2-hour game is just as inexpensive as attending one in 1979! People are going to be out hundreds of dollars before they even take their seat. They're going to miss two innings if they want food during the game. Definitely a worthwhile in-person experience. Of course, the truth of the matter is this will provide more evidence that ticket sales don't mean shit to the bottom line, no matter what owners say during times of labor strife.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

People who decided they didn't like baseball because of Nomar's OCD probably aren't gong to like baseball now. This is Rob Manfred making rule changes for people like himself, who don't like and don't plan to watch baseball.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno, BYH. I am so old that I remember when night games at old Connie Mack Stadium in the '60s started at 8 p.m. because for sure they'd be over by 10:30. I don't remember missing much. I covered enough Red Sox-Yankees games in my day to know games had a lot of dead air that could've been edited to excellent purpose. Mind you, I understood why pitchers took so much time. Those two lineups in the early aughts were terrifying, both of 'em.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted