1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jan 17, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well they do have a 100 chance of winning, something that hasn't happened very often recently. Of course they'll also lose.

I'm sure they will be better. But no way will they live up to the hype and I hope people can be happy with 3-4 wins out of the gate. QB play in the conference will be off the charts next year and CU might have one who ranks in the lower 25%.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Regardless of the coach, their starting point with the schedule they have showed a max of five wins.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Ohio State fans "think the world is their bathroom."

"It isn't?"

-Bert Breer

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

What goes without saying is all of those schools’ fans take over Evanston when their teams play at Northwestern.

There might not be a worse home field advantage among the Power 5 schools (non-PAC 12, anyway).

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt serves the same function in the SEC. Playing them at home is depressing because the crowd never gets into it. Playing them in Nashville is awesome because everyone makes a party out of the road trip and laughs at the spectacle of drowning out their band and student section.

maumann and I Should Coco like this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

And just like Chicagoland with Big 10 grads, there’s probably SEC alumni from all the other schools in Nashville.

maumann likes this.
  9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I made the trip when my school played the Wildcats in 2021. I’ve never been to a place less interested in a football game. Ate in a deli 500 feet from the stadium about two hours before the game and was asked by a person working at the deli what I was doing in town…while wearing the opposing team’s gear.

And I’ve attended games in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Until USC and UCLA get in, the conference doesn't have a better road trip for fans than Northwestern. Weekend in Chicago or weekend in West Lafayette? Tough choice. (I'll admit Minneapolis, Columbus and Madison aren't bad at all, but they're not Chicago).

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They had beer sales before the game. There was never a line.

It was bizarro world.

Draft saved Draft deleted