1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Shohei out after six with 10 Ks.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'm not digging it. Agree with a friend who calls it video game baseball. It's sped up to an unsettling degree. I wonder what the owners will think when they're pulling in many fewer thousands of dollars in concessions and gift shop sales.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ty France hits a 3-run HR to possibly shave off a little more time in Seattle.

M’s up 3-0 In bottom of the 8th.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble with the pace of play. It's hard to get through SJ between pitches. Between the TV and the computer, I have a crick in my neck.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Cmon Chris, I’m was flipping between Dodgers, Angels and Kings and watching SJ on my phone.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You're a better man than me. I was watching Angels because it was Opening Day, Shohei, etc. Ducks were on ESPN+, which takes a minute or two to get on the TV (a pain in the ass). For me, Kings will be an afterthought until the playoffs. I don't get the Dodgers channel. I held off on the Biden/Trump thread until the Angels game ended. Finally caught up.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This is the Angels

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

James Karinchak does not like the speed-up rules.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It will absolutely extend careers, because players will spend less time on the field.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Maybe … not.

Stolen from Reddit:

[​IMG]

If anything, it had been slowed down to an unsettling degree. Too many pitchers and (mainly) hitters slowing things down looking for some sort of mental advantage.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Seems like yesterday’s games were in line with those 1970s-1980s games that 75 percent of the board masturbates to. Why the complaints?

micropolitan guy likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The two games I watched most of yesterday, Red Sox-Orioles and Phillies-Rangers, both seemed long, but games with nine-run innings (the latter) or with 12 walks, three hit batsman and two wild pitches (the former) will take a long time no matter how fast pitchers work. Just like with the players, it will take my baseball mental clock time to adjust. My remote clicking missed many a leadoff batter in an inning. My cynical self wonders how long it will take MLB to use the new pace of play to install longer commercial breaks between half-innings.

Draft saved Draft deleted