1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Postscript: The Night The Lights Went Down in Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Damn, my unpaid-to-this-day $25 parking ticket in Ohio in 1995 shoots straight to the top.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Well, good to hear.

A friend years ago did hard time for a vehicular fatality in his native country, he later married an American and helped found a company here that developed tech that's now a ubiquitous part of our lives.

But first you should register to vote.

maumann likes this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Breaking Glad.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Let me be the first person ever, in all of history, to say this to an ex felon in Georgia who has had his record expunged: Mazel Tov!

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If this man asks you to run an errand for him...don't.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I spent the entire day yesterday looking for a piece of volcanic rock under a big tree near a stone wall. And can't spell Zihuatanejo without looking it up on Wikipedia.

But I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

9. maumann

Mngwa likes this.
  10. maumann

UPDATE: The woman who threatened Gwen, started the entire incident that led to guns being drawn and was dogged in trying to get me arrested and jailed has died. Her obit just showed up in today's newspaper. Yet another little bit of closure, knowing she can't do anything more to me in this plane of existence.

Whatever happens between her and God is not my problem.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cross her off then.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You and that woman, whatever happened there. 002B6FF2-384E-4800-9296-2E39605EA58D.jpeg

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted