1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

One clarification - Republicans have a Trump problem at the *presidential* level. Annoyingly, if it's Biden v. DeSantis v. Trump in 2024, a bunch of Republicans are probably still going to coast to victory, because I doubt Trump is going to carry water for a whole party behind him. (More people to split that pot of money with? No thanks.) And Trump voters are still probably going to vote for R over D, or vote R over just not voting in a ton of other races. While dooming them at the presidential level, I suspect Trump on the 2024 ballot would be great for Rs when it comes to House and Senate races.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think Abrams is destined to run something within the party itself, and she got unlucky with Kemp. After a shaky initial election, he's proven to be a fairly decent politician, in terms of standing up to Trump at times. Not that I'd vote for the guy, but he wasn't an especially vulnerable candidate. I think Beto's result in Texas is way more disappointing, given how many glaring fuck-ups Abbott has had, and his run at the presidency - as brief as it was - clearly hurt him a lot with voters.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He wouldn't be fine with just running as an independent, he'd stand up his own political organization and run a bunch of other guys for those "safe" GOP seats. Then the Republican vote gets fractured and it opens a way for center Democrats to pick off some of those seats. If he perceives that the GOP fucked him over he's going scorched earth, which is why every time he does something stupid Kevin McCarthy holds his nose until the fart aroma goes away.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

“That’s 35 seconds of my life I’ll never get back.”
    Outstanding

OscarMadison and matt_garth like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Now that's what I'm talking about, calling out the clown for what he truly is, a clown.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, if you're a Georgia Republican why WOULDN'T you vote for Bozo voting with the Rs instead of Normal Guy voting with the Ds?

"He's gonna vote for the stuff I like and against the stuff I don't like." Nothing else matters. To members of either party.

Democrats have the upper hand in that Fetterman was the most utterly ridiculous candidate they came up with. Somehow the Republicans sank a standard deviation or two even lower with Walker.

UNCGrad and Liut like this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Well said. Both parties seem to choose pre-programmed robots.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, see, Fuentes was the real problem at that dinner.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Such a ridiculous candidate that he's now won two statewide elections in Pennsylvania.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted