1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massacree in Five Part Harmony (Thanksgiving 2022 thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The smoked turkey was a total success. As was the entire meal.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

One glass of bourbon milk punch was good earlier. More glasses will be good tonight.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Love Preservation Hall Jazz Band! I hope they were as good as they always are.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I didn’t have cereal. I had a turkey, roast beef and cheese sandwich fixed in my cast iron skillet. And one peanut butter cup.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. Flip Wilson

Conservative mother-in-law was not pleased to share the dinner table with a member of the LGBTQ+ community. She didn’t say a word and is now in the den, alone, watching It’s a Wonderful Life.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Had to stay in town because of my work schedule, but got invited over for dinner by a co-worker, so it was good. Got to watch a football game and a half and made it home in time to catch the second half kickoff of Cowboys-Giants (while missing the Jonas Brothers).

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Family Thanksgiving is at 1 Central Friday. Hijinks to follow.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Keep us posted.

9. dixiehack

Did not have my mom saying “I’ve got pretty good junk in my trunk” on the bingo card this year.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The people I was with (and myself) had no idea who the guy in the open white shirt with the thick chest hair was, so he was dubbed "Harry Jonas."

We have a steady group of 10-12 that we have TG and Christmas dinner with. Luckily we are almost all dark-blue Democrats. Not a Trumper in the bunch.

11. Flip Wilson

We’re about 15 minutes into a one-sided conversation about Louis Vuitton purses. No one else in the room really cares, but she’s going on about her current and past LV purses and the one she hopes to acquire. She’s retired and on a really fixed income.

12. dixiehack

I don’t care if we are cousins. If you are under 35 and I only see you 2-3 times a year, have the decency to wear a name tag. Eighteen people and counting here. We need to sell programs.

Draft saved Draft deleted