1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Cape Coral to Cape Canaveral was close enough.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Orlando got it worse than either Tampa or Miami

maumann likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

God hates Disney.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lost my Internet and TV cable mid-morning. It came back on about 6:15 p.m. Turns out one bar of mobile coverage is not enough to access the Internet.

We got very lucky here at my apartment complex. Worst damage was a major curved tree limb that somehow separated from its tree and fell over a car; the car has a tiny dent on its roof but is otherwise fine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I had a weird Xfinity cable outage. Maybe 15% of the stations worked, the rest said "This channel temporarily unavailable" for most of the day.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And then the bottom dropped out. Temperature down to 64 degrees. :eek:

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's quite possible that after the remnants of Ian go through here, Eastern Mass. won't see a high of 64 again until next April.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wilma, in October 2005, wrecked Miami pretty damn hard, actually. Parts of the three-county area, in fact, were without power for up to six weeks. Gas and ice were nowhere to be found, sparking plenty of fights between those famously badass "Miami tough guys." :cool:

The best/worst/funniest part, though, was that four to six weeks without electricity meant that none of the traffic lights worked, too. So every day you might hear the BANG-BANG-BANG of three cars whose dumbass Miami drivers could never grasp the concept that every intersection is a four-way stop when the traffic lights aren't working.

Wilma wasn't so destructive after it left South Florida. But it was a major fucking wrecking ball there.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

By "major" he meant Cat 3 or above. Wilma was Cat 1 with Cat 2 gusts in South Florida. Old neighborhoods with pre-Andrew (1992) houses suffered. Eye went right over my house, and my post-Andrew house lost 44 roof tiles, a satellite dish and needed some screen enclosure repair done. But I lost power for only 30 minutes.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Ian needs to hurry up, get over land, and stay there.
    It was going to make landfall again about 8 this morning, but now it looks like Mt. Pleasant around 1230-100.
    The entire Pee Dee River basin is going to be in for it.
    Although under warnings for hurricane force winds, I don't think SENC is in direct threat of that. I am more concerned about spinoff tornadoes until it passes.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It’s gone. What did it say?

Draft saved Draft deleted