1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys reporter out here spiking footballs of her own.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Sep 13, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just to be clear - I pursued a journalism career because I enjoyed writing and telling stories about people - and wanting other people to have a better understanding of the world around them. I enjoyed finding out things about players that went beyond stats, who their heroes were, what motivated them. It was never about me, or getting good seats to a game. I think that's what irks people about stuff like this - if you are in media to raise your own profile off of other people's accomplishments, you don't belong in the profession.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hear ya. At the same time I can’t in good conscious tell somebody just to do it the old way when the old way has no better odds than a lotto ticket.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

We're all a bunch of Madison Bumgarners and Britt is just the latest Max Muncy.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Well, I seriously thought about taking up a NASCAR driver's offer of five dollars and a team can coozie to go scream at the Make-A-Wish kid who was supposed to hang out with Jeff Gordon's crew and wandered off at Bristol. There's also the afternoon I put lipstick on King Charles Spaniel Puppies and tried to rent them as prom dates for the terminally awkward and genetically disadvantaged kids who didn't want to go with their Moms or cousins.

I STOLE PORK RINDS FROM SHARON STONE! I KNOW THINGS!

What was the question again? Oh, why were we mean to sideline lizards? Because they're there.

SFIND, 2muchcoffeeman and Batman like this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

But seriously.

Ridiculing people who lead their every step with their almost painfully evident camel toe is somehow beneath this site?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is interesting noting the differences between journalist who grew up with social media and those who did not. I imagine more than a few journos today loved sharing what was going on their lives and their thoughts on all things on social media and just figured journalism was a good way to get paid for it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And y'all bitch about people who wear nice non-distressed blue jeans in the press box on Sunday afternoon.

Yeesh.

SFIND, OscarMadison and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I tried to break down 'literally appalled' and I got ice cream brain freeze from doing it.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, and those guys are assholes, too. Unless that was your point.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I decided to watch a few of the videos posted by the reporters at the site. They all end the same way: "I'm Jane Q. Reporter from D210 Sports, and you've just been credentialed." Ugh. Making all of your reporters end every stand-up with the same cringe-inducing line. I blame the person or people running that operation.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ugh.
    Does John Q Viewer in Tejas even know/care of the meaning of "credentialed"?

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I'll bet a good number of them don't know how to spell credentialed.

"K, r, e, d, e, n, c, h, u, l, l, e, d. Kredenchulled."

/buzz/

"It doesn't matter. They know what I mean."

/your viewers? they don't. they can't spell it either/

"Quit being so mean!"

Draft saved Draft deleted