1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nice

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Got the newest booster and my flu shot yesterday. Last night I had a strange dry cough for about an hour but it went away. No other effects. Played a round of golf to my handicap this morning. If it takes an annual booster, I'll gladly take it. It's just a damn shot. Maybe we should offer the entire populace lollipops for vaccinations, no matter how old they are.

OscarMadison, wicked and MileHigh like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We should’ve just lied and told people the vaccine was shown to improve golf scores by 10 percent.

“The shocking story of the entire state of South Carolina getting vaccinated in 24 hours.”

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You can’t be that highly rated as a virus without having talent.

maumann likes this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Did the same yesterday. Having a bit harder time. I feel pretty bad when the Tylenol or ibuprofen wears off. Fine when it is in full effect. I am hoping it has almost run its course. And despite that, I'll get a freaking booster or whatever any time they have one if it means not getting sick. I got the second booster last November so it has been about a year anyway. If it becomes a good flu/COVID combo I'm all for it.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I did the new booster/flu shot combo on Monday morning and felt off/weak/a bit achy for parts of the last 48 hours. Feel fine now. Small price to pay for protection.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will say this. Was in bed by 9 yesterday and now at 8:40 can barely keep my eyes open.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Trump woulda been a 1.4 but for his vaccine intransigence. Me, on the other hand ...

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ummmm ... that's a day ending in "Y" for me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Why is this booster not like other boosters?

Got the latest booster this morning. Was already feeling iffy and dealing with a shrieky, squat, real-life version of Edna Mode on nitrous who insisted on shrilly and loudly calling me a diminutive of my real name made me want to go get a handful of those Dr. Scholl's sole inserts and slap her with them until she cried. My mother talked me down.

This happens sometimes. Being 5'0" and ugly-cute makes some simpletons want to relive their youth where their best friends were Troll doll pencil toppers. In short, everything hurts and all I want to do is watch my cat sleep and old rugby scrums.

maumann likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife calls every cute thing she sees a diminutive of its proper noun. Although they prefer the term "affectionate" to "diminutive."

One of our license plates is a diminutive of her name: CBETA1 (just as in North Carolina, there is another CBETA driving around somewhere, hence the "1' at the end).

12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the thinking is it's more the flu shot causing after effects, rather than a combo situation. In addition to the age of the recipient. Is the flu shot still "old school" like a modified live vaccine vs the mRNA? I could study up on it I suppose, right now just asking questions! Anecdotally, my 37 year old son got both yesterday to no noticeable effect. His twin sister got the new Covid formula, again with no ill effect.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted