1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apparently this is real

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Tell me you don't understand balks without saying it -- cuz I don't see anything there for three, let alone one

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The way my Ohio relatives describe it, it’s backlash against ownership more than anything.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It was unreal. If that’s the way a balk is going to be called, there would be 30 a game. So weird.

Was it technically a balk each time? Perhaps. But that was ridiculous by the ump.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cardinals clinch the NL Central with a 6-2 victory against the Brewers. Now we’ll see whether they do dick in the playoffs.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mets and Braves tied with seven games left. Helluva race. Braves just don’t lose since June 1.

Both in postseason, yes. But getting the bye is pretty huge.

They have three games head-to-head scheduled in Atlanta this weekend. With Hurricane Ian poised to wreak havoc.

Shaping up to be nuts.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's a 10-year-old working his first Little League game being overly technical. Unbelievable.

In football, that's a talk-to. Come on.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It is.

Also all the corporate money and attention that flowed into the franchise in the 1990s with the excitement of the new ballpark went back to the Browns upon their return, the jobs left downtown, and you lose two Game 7’s of the World Series in extra innings and blow a 3-1 lead in the ALCS with a lay-up of a World Series awaiting in 2007 and there starts to come this creeping feeling you’re spending a lot of time and money just to be gutted in the end.

Somehow that city would rather pound its head against a wall rooting for the Cleveland Browns rather than follow a model baseball franchise. That’s the power of football in that state.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Glad to see @Chef2 getting a shot in the bigs.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

lol

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Pitcher never came set.

I'll bet he was talked to after the first balk. He still didn't come set. I'll bet he was talked to after the second balk. He still didn't come set.

Here's hoping the talking to after the third balk sinks in.

Matt1735 and doctorquant like this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Looked like he came set to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted