1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The trailers had Jen Walters refer to it as a law show, but they have really leaned into the sitcom aspects of it, which is working. They are also digging into her supporting cast from the comics. Titania is a big part of She-Hulk's history, so it makes sense that she wasn't just a one-off villain. I like that they actually followed Pug for a case. Now they are going to play up Mallory Book. (She is the other lawyer at the start of the mid-season trailer.) I really like where they seem to be going with Matt Murdock's role in the show.

2. outofplace

MCU announcements, including confirmation that a certain character survived to appear in Echo and the lineup for the upcoming Thunderbolts movie.

One thing that struck me when they brought out the cast of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was getting a good look at Tenoch Huerta, the actor playing Namor. I know Winston Duke is a big guy, but man, Namor looks small and that doesn't seem right.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I mean, Namor is in the comics is 6'2" compared to 7' for M'Baku.

4. outofplace

Guess I didn't realize how tall M'Baku is supposed to be in the comics.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Madisynn, two N's and one Y, but it's not where you think.

JRoyal and sgreenwell like this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She's definitely made herself some money with that guest spot, ha. Gotta think they sneak her into more things now. (Well, if you can sneak someone with such a large... personality, into things.)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Heck yeah.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The bad news: almost two full years away.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Pretty pumped about this. It’s still really hard to imagine someone else in the role (height notwithstanding).

10. outofplace

Y'all beat me to it. I was watching X-Men, his first appearance in the role when I saw this on Twitter. I sent the video to my daughter, who excitedly replied that she was watching Deadpool at that very moment.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reed Richards in it too?

12. outofplace

My guess is that is just Krasinski making a joke. I've read reports that his appearance was a one-time thing and someone else will play the role in the MCU, though that would kind of suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted