1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Being called a total loss, per the SF Chronicle. Beyond sad. I went there about a year ago and it was amazing. Lots of baseball and some Niners, of course, but I think I even saw an Oakland Clippers (NASL) banner there. The bartender let me know where there was a display showing where home plate at Seals was, in a since-closed sporting goods store. All irreplaceable.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The most fun I’ve had watching a Cleveland baseball team since 1995.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As a While Sox fan, I’ll be rooting for them (well, unless they play the fading Mariners in their opening series).

I really can’t think of an AL Central team I hate. Unless it’s the stupid front office of the White Sox.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One of the few things to give Tigers fans joy this season was sweeping the White Sox and eliminating them from the playoffs
    Tigers can avoid 100 losses by finishing 3-7

maumann likes this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They’ll never admit it, but after losing the series opener in extra innings to Cleveland to start the week, Chicago threw in the towel on the season. Haven’t won since.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

So this Yankees-Red Sox game is taking forever, and it’s completely on the Red Sox pitcher. He is glacial.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Dodgers have an excellent chance to post the highest win total by an NL team since the 1906 Cubs went an absurd 115-36. Given their pitching injuries, this is really remarkable. In light of those injuries, I won't be shocked if they get dispatched in their first playoff series by the Braves.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The smile on Albert's face as he rounded the bases is one of the best baseball moments I've seen in a long time. I wondered who he beelined to high-five after crossing the plate have since read it was Adrian Beltre. That was kind of awesome. I loved everything about him hitting no. 700., but that smile is something I don't think I've ever seen from a big home run moment -- not Bonds, not McGwire or Sosa. Not ARod, not even Griffey. It was great.

maumann likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Goddamn shame they just canceled it for rain. Judge was due up fucking next.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was great, but what cracked me up was him telling one of his teammates to wait so he could run over to Beltre first.

Draft saved Draft deleted