1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'm under siege, folks. You are too. You know, like thst movie with Steven Seagull. Gotta lotta seagulls in Palm Beach, believe me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

dixiehack, Slacker, heyabbott and 3 others like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He probably saw how his Lord and Savior has ground one investigation to a virtual halt with claims about complexities in the classification process, and he figured that would work for him, too. It probably will.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m more and more inclined to listen to the theory that the large hadron collider threw us into an alternate timeline.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If I were an editor and one of my reporters challenged Sicknick’s partner or mother about his cause of death and if it were related to Jan 6, I would fire them.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Ron DeSantis has declared the State of Florida under an emergency. I guess that means the free flights to Martha's Vineyard are reserved for the rich and powerful again.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Are we rooting for him to handling things appropriately, or not?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sure. One of the elements of handling it appropriately is requesting fedruhl assistance. Think he can do that? Or does that run the risk of helping Biden look good?

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"Thank you for calling President Biden's Federal Emergency hotline. If this is a medical emergency, please hang up and dial 9-1-1. Otherwise, stay on the line for the next available Commander in Chief.

"If you need basic services, please press 1. If you need electricity restored, please press 2. If you are calling for a photo op to use as a political campaign ad, please press 3. If you need paper towels, please call 1-800-ITS-MAGA and some will be thrown in your general direction.

"Because of long wait times, the President will get to you in the order of calls received. You are currently ... the second caller ... behind Puerto Rico."

Draft saved Draft deleted