1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials we love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

“I need your help. I can’t tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we’re gonna hurt some people.”

“whose car are we taking?”

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hamm was also the main villain in Baby Driver.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That was a weird plot twist and not really earned. Jon Bernthal or Jamie Foxx were the unlikable characters in that, not Jon Hamm. It was strange. I wasn't even really rooting for Baby at the end lol. He got Eiza Gonzalez killed.

I get that that's motivation enough for Hamm's character to do what he did, but it still seemed off to me.

Batman likes this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Good book. Gets into the Townie stuff a little more. Don't bother with the guy's other book.

Huggy likes this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agreed -- the girl is cute enough that I don't mind seeing it over and over and over.

But here's my beef about the ad campaign: the tagline is "When you need a taco, you need a taco." People hear that sound of the bell and they must have a taco.

In the ads they never get a taco. The girl in this one gets a cheesy double beef burrito.

I Should Coco and MTM like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

GO GLUTEN-FREE!

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The new one where the guy throws a challenge flag about whether he said he’d pack the life jackets.

Wenders, sgreenwell and dixiehack like this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

In that housewives football commercial, it looks like the woman on the couch has her pants shucked down to mid-thigh. I know it’s just the way she’s sitting, but now I can’t unsee it.

Not sure if this is the right commercial thread.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Is this sleep deprivation or the magic of YouTube?

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"Stop guessing the helmet catch".

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There was a version the other night where the jerseys were maroon instead of navy, and now I’m wondering if the Cowboys complained.

Draft saved Draft deleted