1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I want to know if Wainwright ever got that bug out of his cup.

And Snell has a no-hitter through six.

2. swingline

And Pujols breaks it up.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good thing for the Mariners that the Orioles and White Sox are losing … because so are they.

Now 1-5 on a road trip to Anaheim and Oakland after a 2-1 loss to the A’s tonight. They have scored one run in four of the five losses.

Suarez being injured hasn’t helped, but Seattle's offense has been meager most of this season. As good as their starters and bullpen have been, you can’t win every game 1-0.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Orioles picked up a game on Seattle to get within four but the O's have four with Houston at home this weekend and Seattle gets Oakland today and three in Kansas City this weekend. It would be fairly stunning if the gap shrunk.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So far Judge has been up twice and walked on four pitches twice. The kind of blood and guts performance that typifies the 2022 Red Sox.

6. swingline

Cardinals scored today for the first time in, like, 46 or more innings. Then won it on Donovan’s grand slam.

Not exactly in playoff shape.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If Judge still stands on 60 HR tomorrow, Yankees should sit him to spite the Apple TV broadcast.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Make that three times.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I give Judge credit, though. Trying to hit No. 61 hasn't changed his approach one bit. He's not chasing pitches at all.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Two feet from 61

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Fox camera work on that Judge near-homer was awful. Looked like it was going to land somewhere in Jersey.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dodgers bust out their slo pitch uniforms. God those things are hideous.

Draft saved Draft deleted