1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Feb 14, 2022.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At this point it would be a shock if he expressed a thought, verbally or through actions, that wasn't given to him by whoever is running his image rehabilitation.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He’s a $230M enterprise, there’s no going off script any longer (or shouldn’t be).

3. outofplace

Exactly. Look at his half-assed apology this week. Clearly, every word was written for him. Apologize when asked so he can say he showed contrition, but don't really say anything.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At best, all he did was masturbate on 26 women while they were doing their job. He ejaculated on 26 innocent women and doesn’t believe he did anything wrong. He’s mentally ill, and should be banned until he’s gone through sex offender treatment and deemed safe to others.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There are clearly more than a few screws loose with the guy. But his people understand that the public just wants to hear some form of tepid apology and then they can go back to worrying about their fantasy team and parlays.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Pickens was the 11th WR taken in this draft. I think I counted correctly.

11th

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He also tore his ACL in spring 2021 so it isn’t like it was a risk-free no-brainer. Still happy to see a local kid make good.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And he was still the 52nd overall pick. It’s not like he was a fifth rounder

9. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Oof. I just saw this on Twitter. That wasn't even quarter-assed and every word was written for her as well. How quickly he went from "I never disrespected any women" to that. On top of that, most of what I read said he looked pretty bad in his time on the field.

10. outofplace

Exactly. He had shown tremendous upside earlier in his career, but he hadn't come all the way back the last time he was on the field. There was reason for doubt and this was a very deep group of receivers.

That said, he has been damn impressive. What he did Saturday night was just a taste of what he had been doing at training camp.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Do we know why Tom Brady is missing this time?

12. outofplace

There were rumors about some family situation, but the Bucs are now claiming this is a planned thing. That means the real answer is that he is missing because he chooses to be and they will let him do whatever he wants.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted