1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Having spent the past three hours on Broadway, all of the bachelorettes on the party buses and I am impressed and wish to subscrible to your newsletter.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Friggin bottle of Miller Lite was $9 on Broadway the other night.

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN just ran a story which puts Trump's whole "let's buy Greenland" thing into perspective.

Beneath the melting ice are riches galore -- critical minerals -- to power the green revolution.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Written for impact, but it's true enough. Note this passed today, after what sort of documents were found was known.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/ala...bi-search-wants-to-change-primary-system.html

"The Alabama Republican State Executive Committee voted Saturday during its annual summer meeting to “stand in solidarity” with former President Donald Trump following the search of his Mar-a-Lago home, calling the actions of the FBI and the Department of Justice an “unprecedented overreach” and condemning the Biden administration. Paul Reynolds, national committeeman of the state GOP, presented the motion, which passed 89% to 11%. “The federal government in general is being used by the Democratic Party to eliminate its opposition,” said Reynolds. “We tried to make this as forceful and yet not be something that’s picked up by the national news media and beat us over the head with it, because we’re finding anything we say can be used to say ‘you are inciting MAGA basically, to riot,’ and this is ridiculous.”

Then there's this little nugget of wisdom:

"During the discussion surrounding the resolution to close primary elections and require party registration, Baldwin County GOP Chairman Michael Hoyt suggested that the state should follow Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida’s lead.

“I think that when we look at how we should exemplify what we do as far as running elections and how to run a state, we can look to Gov. DeSantis in the state of Florida,” Hoyt said. “Florida has done a knockout job. Florida has closed primaries. It has party registration. The time for open primaries is over.”

8. Machine Head

Please allow me to introduce you to 2022 ...

9. Machine Head

One of my kids bagged going on one this summer to avoid the shit show

maumann likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Re: the Alabama GOP — what would it take for them to think that the warrant was ok? I’m guessing nothing.

I say it time and time again, the members of the GOP who know better and do nothing because they think they will win the House and Senate, who think that overturning elections is just OK with them are the worst.

lakefront likes this.
  11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

“I went down, down, down … ”

12. Machine Head

Ted thinks he can move into Trump's slot.

Ron DeSantis v Ted, who ya got?

Draft saved Draft deleted