1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just cannot understand... woman goes 90 MPH through intersection, kills... everyone but herself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Aug 10, 2022.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Part of the problem out here is so many a**holes go 65 or 70 in the passing lane, even when it's three lanes, even when the true speed limit on I-5 is 75-80 when traffic is light to medium.

Washington drivers seem particularly prone to this annoying habit.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't you love "farm traffic" in August MG? Or the great idea of moving houses on I-5 during rush hour?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If you're following a car three lengths back at 70-75 mph, that's crazy, too.
    You need at least seven or eight at that speed. One for every 10 mph is the standard.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At least they stay off of I-5. But you have to really pay attention on 99W.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

There’s been a marked increase in crashes and traffic-related deaths since Covid. There’s already research out showing the lack of cars during lockdown caused people to drive faster.

6. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

The second sentence above has more truth in it than every other statement in this board's history ... combined.

"Gee, Mabel ... isn't this great? Cruising along at 58 here in the left lane and barely another car to be seen in front of us. Those daredevils on the right sure seem in a hurry, though."

qtlaw likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

“I’m saving gas by driving slower.”

If you can’t do five over the speed limit, to the far right lane you go.

micropolitan guy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted