1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Reed Sets Goals for New Gannett

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Just heard from sources that I should stop off and buy a bottle of Dom on the way home.

2. Fdufta

Fdufta Member

Something I can't shake about the Gannett lunch hour protest is that they actually have to protest to get a lunch hour. To whomever may be affected by these, the grass is greener on the other side, I promise you.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Mike Reed’s goal for Gannett: Push Chapter 11 into 2023.

Woody Long, Jesus_Muscatel and wicked like this.
  4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

THIS.

5. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

And tell the boards of directors (this applies to EVERY newpaper chain) to quit handing out five-, six- and seven-figure bonuses to those corporate asshats ...

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

My former newsroom had seven full-time and part-time in the newsroom. Four got cut today.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Of course not. But that didn't stop my last shop, which has basically no one left.

As horrible as Gannett, only smaller.

8. Sam Mills 51

... b-b-b-but that spoils all their fun.

Did you hear about the place that laid off numerous people, then gave a departing Vice President a six-figure bonus as a departing gift ... as the HR person lied that "they would never do something like that"?

9. Sam Mills 51

Q: How do you know Gannett is lying?
    A: They're still creating buzzwords to cover their horrendous acts as they lie about everything else.

10. Sam Mills 51

Thank goodness at least one person I know from Gannett-world is safe. So is her newsroom.

Unfortunately, this is an exception, not the rule.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ouch. My former shop at 16 people in the newsroom when I arrived in 2006. Today there are two.

12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted