1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running '22-'23 NCAA Football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Equating the salary of a college professor with the salary of a college president is laughable.

Sincerely, a college professor

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I make a nice living as a college professor. I'd make a helluva lot nicer living as an administrator ... but fuck that noise.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

With the ESPN backing away from Big Ten football, this calls for a GoFundMe for Pam Ward, the queen of the Purdue-Illinois early kick on ESPN 7.

4. exmediahack

I’ve told both of my children the road to a gravy train with biscuit wheels is to be a D1 college athletics administrator or a school superintendent.

5. doctorquant

Trust me on this ... there are waaaaaaaaay gravier gravy trains on a D1-ish college campus.

Hermes likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've been binge watching old Paper Chase episodes . . . even before DQ changed his avatar.

7. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

The money is good but in this day and age being a school superintendent is far from an easy ride. A college classmate and good friend of my wife's is a superintendent in a fairly affluent suburban district in Minnesota and she appears to have aged 10 years in the past 2 (COVID obviously made it harder, but the job's no picnic at any time). And it's not all that rare for them to get fired when parents get mad enough even if the super had nothing to do with what they're complaining about.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. doctorquant

I'm pondering a change to honor other complaints about my style.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She’ll probably just get West Virginia-Texas Tech now.

10. exmediahack

And they always land at another district in the state, even after getting fired. They're like NBA coaches.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A lot of that is because they have years employed building in a state teacher's retirement program. Until they get their 20 years, 25, whatever the target is, they tend to try to get a similar job in the same state.

Once that's established, they can go out of state and get paid twice.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Feels like this is 40 years too late.

Draft saved Draft deleted