1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Anne Heche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Aug 5, 2022.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

My Google Earth search shows the front of the property where Heche crashed her car. Looks like she blew through this stop sign at the end of a long street and ripped through a pretty strong hedge before smashing into the house.

That must have been a truly horrific sequence at the end of the line, all in the space of a couple of seconds. And for such an impact with the house, the hedge didn't slow the car down much.

upload_2022-8-12_7-27-21.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Suicide by car?

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And this is the long street leading to the stop sign. I'm guessing the apartment complex at the bottom of the photo is where Heche first crashed her car into a line of attached garages. If that's so, she had a third of a mile in which to crank that Mini Cooper up to 100 mph before blowing through the stop sign and into the house.

An accident, or was it intentional? Hard not to see that the long, straight street ends at the Walgrove Avenue intersection dead ahead.

upload_2022-8-12_7-43-24.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

If so, she should have found a cliff or a cop. I know she had some terrible issues but it is worse when you bring innocent people along with you.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hate to be that guy… but perhaps a change in the thread title?

HanSenSE, franticscribe and Killick like this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

From the Variety story:

Is that really appropriate?

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This is my old neighborhood. Walgrove is bumper-t0-bumper at rush hour between the Santa Monica Airport and Venice Blvd. Going south from Santa Monica, 23rd Street curves around the airport and becomes Walgrove when you cross from Santa Monica into Mar Vista. This is one of only three routes to and from Santa Monica since other streets are blocked by Penmar Golf Course and the airport. Lincoln to the west and Bundy/Centinela to the east are the only others. Walgrove is residential and has two schools a couple of blocks apart (school's out for summer, I know). It's a miracle she didn't crash into another car when she crossed Walgrove.

10. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

I have never heard of the Honor Walk thing before, but if it gives the donor's family, who I presume can also be part of it in the hospital, a way to go through the process with a feeling that something good is coming out of the situation it might be a pretty understandable, and I might even say kind of remarkable, custom.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That hedge at the "t" of the intersection didn't stand a chance against even a mini cooper.
    I walk my dog a lot and always wonder at houses at the mouth of a T intersection like that. I would live in constant fear.

And fuck Anne Heche for putting other people in danger because of her own miserable life.

Draft saved Draft deleted