1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Three Plays/moments in your favorite team's history.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 11, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of an off-shoot on my Bengals musings. Some are easy.

49ers - The Catch, Taylor's catch to win the SB and perhaps Young's TD run?

Raiders - Immaculate Reception (doesn't have to be a good memory), Holy Roller v. Chargers and Marcus Allen's run v. the Redskins in the Super Bowl/or the Squirek pick 6. HM - Mike Davis' pick v. Cleveland in '80 and "Sea of Hands."

Seahawks - Sherman's "Crabtree" rant, Wilson's pick in the Super Bowl, Bo Jackson running over Bosworth. HM - "BeastMode" run in the playoffs.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Eagles:
    1) Philly Special
    2) Randall Cunningham's run on MNF where he got hit by Carl Banks, kept himself up with one hand, and then threw a touchdown pass
    3) Chuck Bednarik annihilating Frank Gifford
    HM - Bednarik sitting on (IIRC) Jim Taylor for the last few seconds of the 1960 NFL championship game to clinch the Eagles' last title for 57 years.

misterbc likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bills:

Mike Stratton destroying Keith Lincoln, 1964 AFL Championship Game

The comeback vs. Houston

Destroying the Raiders 51-3 in the AFC championship to advance to the first Super Bowl.

3B: Ignoring the "experts" and drafting Josh Allen.

misterbc likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you want to go with plays, two of the Steelers' top three are in the same game. No. 1 has to be the Immaculate Reception, but the other two were both in Super Bowl XLIII. James Harrison's interception return for a touchdown changed the course of the game. Santonio Holmes's spectacular touchdown reception won it.

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Capitals:
    1. Braden Holtby's save in Game 2 against Vegas in the 2018 SCF. If Tuch tucks that home and the Knights win in OT to go up 2-0, who knows what happens in that series.
    2. Lars Eller's double OT goal in Columbus in Game 3 of the 2018 EC first round. "The Save" probably never happens if the Caps lose this game and fall behind 3-0 to the Blue Jackets. Obviously Kuznetsov's OT winner in Game 6 in Pittsburgh merits mention, but the entire run was jumpstarted by Eller's goal in Columbus.
    3. Joe Juneau's overtime winner in Game 6 of the 1998 ECF. Sure, the Caps got swept in the SCF, but they'd never really been in sniffing distance of one before that year, and Juneau's goal will go down as one of the biggest moments in franchise history.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Bednarik was before my time, so I’ll throw in Cunningham’s 95-yard punt against the Giants. It was end of the season, or even a playoff game IIRC.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Capitals:

1. The pic of a grinning Ovi holding the Cup over his head
    2. Ovi's feed to Kuznetsov for the OT goal that knocked out the Penguins in the second round in 2018
    3. Jay Beagle's behind-the-back feed to Smith-Pelly for a goal vs Vegas. That was the moment I knew they were winning the Cup.

No disrespect to other Caps fans here I know and love but that Cup run was THE highlight, never to be seen again. So all mine come from that.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I’d agree with oop on the Steelers’ three.

Honourable mention to Roethlisberger’s tackle in Indy after Bettis fumbled on the one. Can’t remember the name of the Colt.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nationals:

Howie Kendrick's home run in Game 7 vs. Houston. To quote George in Seinfeld, it moved

Stephen Strasburg's debut.

Ryan Zimmerman's walk off HR vs. the Braves in the Nationals Park inaugural game.

I was on hand for 2 and 3, watched No. 1 on TV

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Good list.

I wish there was room for Fourth and 26.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted