1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I met the sheriff but I did not stand for liberty

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

There's an "exigent circumstances" exception to the warrant requirement where law enforcement can enter without a warrant to prevent imminent danger to life, even if they don't have probable cause to believe a crime has been committed. They've been known to do this to justify entering a house where they suspect underage drinking but don't have actual evidence that would amount to probable cause. I don't know if breaking into a car to save the life of a dog would qualify -- that would make an interesting law school hypo in a Criminal Procedure class if there's no case directly on point (though locking a dog in a dangerously hot car would seemingly violate a criminal statute of some kind almost anywhere, wouldn't it?). But assuming they could -- and then they found evidence of another crime in plain sight (because now it's somewhere they're authorized to be) -- I can't think any reason why they wouldn't be able to seize it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump pled the 5th more than 400 times today. Is that a POTUS record?

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sheriff Joe can't even be elected as dog catcher!

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd vote for O'Rourke over Abbott every day and twice on Sunday but that exchange feels like a work.

8. Inky_Wretch

There's a time and place for each curse word. That was perfectly placed at a perfect time.

garrow, OscarMadison, UNCGrad and 4 others like this.
  9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I think Ragu's point was that under that law, if hypothetically Barack II was born outside the United States (which he fucking wasn't), there's an argument that Ann Dunham couldn't pass along her citizenship to him because not only would she have to live in the U.S. for at least 10 years prior to his birth (which she did) she ALSO would have to have spent at least of 5 those 10 years in the U.S. AFTER the age of 14 (which wouldn't have been possible since she was only 18 when Barack II was born on Aug. 4, 1961). It's that second part ("at least five of which were after the age of 14") that would trip them up, since there wouldn't have been 5 years to be had.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You go, Beto.

HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There have been a ton of Abbott / Trumpers at almost every Beto stop “protesting” and whatnot.

12. Inky_Wretch

So he only wants half a plate of dog dick?

Draft saved Draft deleted