1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just cannot understand... woman goes 90 MPH through intersection, kills... everyone but herself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

She had been in over a dozen car crashes already.

How does this happen? Why?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have been horrified by this video since I saw it a week ago. I mean, it has kept a dark place in my brain, and I can't stop thinking about the victims. I cannot believe how fast she was going.

I can only come to the conclusion that there is no god.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There is a still of that video that shows her left hand out her window as she enters the intersection.
    What in the absolute fuck is going on there?

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

She was doing at least 90 mph and has had 13 prior vehicle-related crashes-incidents, including one that harmed two people.

Supposedly has "mental issues" yet still was behind the wheel. Is a traveling nurse, and bail denied because she was believed to be a flight risk. If they convict her she likely will get life.

How she survived with only a broken foot and other minor issues is mystifying. I try my hardest to not wish ill will on anyone. But in this case it wouldn't have bothered me to see her fry in that crash so taxpayers don't have to pay for her for the next 50 years.

5. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

The unreal timing for those poor people. You can only hope the literally never knew they got hit.

And yes, burn her alive.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

When I read the story, I was expecting an aggressive driver cutting people off on the highway. This is just insane.

Somewhere in her history, she had to have shown red flags to people. Unless she was high as fuck when this happened, I just cannot imagine how this happens.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One would almost hope she was on something, the thought of someone knowingly a suicide mission like that is incomprehensible.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know if its a post-Covid thing or what, but I see crazy drivers all the time out this way at all hours. You'll be going 70-75 following the car ahead of you three lengths, and someone will pass you on the right, because they're upset you aren't riding the bumper of the car in front of you. And it isn't like there aren't a bunch of cars in front of the car youo're following either.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced a lot more people are high while driving.
    It's like they read the speed limit sign as the minimum.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Was she high and tried to kill herself? Then when she was sober she realized how fucked she is now?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Even if you are riding the bumper, they aggressively do that. Teslas especially.

I also love the ones who are so impatient, even when you put on an indicator and begin moving to the right lane to let them pass, they still try to aggressively get by you on the right.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out here - using the merge lane to pass is seen as acceptable.

Draft saved Draft deleted