1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Up next … Bill Murray?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

You, me and the apocalypse was great.
    She has also written a nice book on her experience on getting into the business. I would recommend it for any young people.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The impression I get is that the most recent allegations against Savage are continued/ enhanced investigations into the previous allegations, which have turned up additional supporting evidence, providing the justifications for yanking his contracts, if not filing any criminal charges.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Met him at a bar in Fairfield, CT, in the late 90s when he was doing community theater or something. He was more interested in macking on one of the girls I was hanging with, not that I can blame him. Didn't seem like the type to follow a woman into the bathroom and sexually assault her. That's really disturbing.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd take offense with Jenna Fischer being on that list a lot more than Mindy Kaling. Fischer showed her chops on "Walk Hard" with John C. Reilly.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Pratt is one of the great physical comedians of the last 20-30 years.

I think there is a balance of giving them a character and story to work with and allowing them create comedy as the filming happens.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Reilly and Tim Meadows are as funny as two human beings can be in that movie. Fischer was good. But then Blades of Glory (shivers)….

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They don't make innuendo any better than this.

Slacker likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mindy Kaling seems to get more attention for being a non-white woman in a white male dominated field than for being funny. It's not that she's not funny, just that the stuff she writes is unremarkable.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Mindy Project had some laughs.

Guy she's interested in: "You dress like a rapper's publicist."
    Mindy: "Awwww, thank you!"

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I find it remarkable that she thought she had some much to say, she wrote three memoirs before 40.

She was 'discovered' doing a show called Matt&Ben (didn't see the show. Just assumed it was good) and wrote for The Office, so she has something on her fastball.

Draft saved Draft deleted