1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

His best seasons were his first and third, especially as a 20-year-old. His closest comp was Willie Mays as a rookie. Too bad he become Boog Powell, then Lloyd Moseby. The Braves were probably already seeing the signs when they traded him to St. Louis. Thirteen major league seasons and he stil hasn't reached 1,500 career hits.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Just learned that Twins rookie Jose Miranda is the cousin of Lin-Manuel. That’s a cool connection.

Greatest athlete/entertainer cousin connection since Stan and Mike Love?

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great game in Seattle tonight. Started as a great pitchers duel, now heading to the bottom of the 12th, still 0-0.

Mariners open both the 11th and 12th innings with double plays, and faced only two Yankee hitters in each inning.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hader another meltdown.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But, of course the Giants snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the bottom of the ninth.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What's with these ex-Cubbies doing their best Dave Kingman impressions this year?

Rizzo comes in today at .227 ... I'm afraid to even look at Schwarber. And yet, they still have 61 bombs between them.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Really starting to kick myself that I didn’t put a flyer on the Guardians to win the AL Central back in March. What they’re doing with a team full of rookies is astounding. Look at all the teams older than them that have been tanking for a decade and consider they bridged a World Series appearance and winning seasons to replacing every part of the plane mid-air.

It was clear a year ago LaRussa was past his expiration date and that that group isn’t as good as everyone hyped them up to be for so long.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

For my money? Rosie and Pam Grier.

11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

That should make @maumann happy
    Had to be done after this train wreck of a season

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted