1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Mom and pop operation

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I figured that these would only come to light whenever cronies are indicted and they whip this out:

[​IMG]

4. Twirling Time

When the Huckstress bails out on you .....

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What I want to say?: "After the Jan. 6 hearings? Only if they're truly stupid and/or purposely and consciously -- consciously, no unconsciously -- obstinate (or, again, truly stupid)."

What's probably true?: What Andrew Yang said. Unfortunately. Unbelievably.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I like Yang but f**k holding back. No one is above the law, we shall not give in to capitulation.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am astounded by how many people seem to think this is a Law & Order episode and that something must be wrong because we didn’t hear the government’s case laid out the morning after a FBI raid.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nail Trump with any charges you can make stick. Let him argue and wheedle and appeal from there, but charge and convict him for election tampering, real estate fraud, bank fraud, whatever. He's guilty of any number of things. Get the hook and take his ass offstage. That's doing the Republicans a favor, but it's for the good of the country.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're conditioned to think they get the conclusion at the end of the hour.

10. Twirling Time

Dumb dumb!

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Alberto Gonzales, the Shrub's AG, made a similar point on CNN on Tuesday, when asked why Garland isn't holding a newser explaining everything. No way he tips his hand before any indictment is filed. He may do an off-the-record briefing with Congressional leaders, but that's it. He'll continue to play it close to the vest.

OscarMadison, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trump probably thinks he can run out the clock to January 2025, then he’ll have his hand-picked AG drop the charges and he’ll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted