1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running '22-'23 NCAA Football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So twenty percent of that time.

And, yes, my point is that preseason rankings are based on what happened last season, recruiting where it will take a couple of years to tell how good the new players actually are, and a team's history.

None of which mean much to this year, unless the team in question is one of the teams that end the year ranked in 8 of 10 years or so.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Generally pre-season rankings are based on the previous season and how many starters are back, plus I guess now transfers, and schedule (are a team's toughest games at home or on the road).

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Trinity College is a national power (or was not too long ago) in squash. They recruit primarily South Asians to come to school.

Batman likes this.
  4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hey Siri, show me luxury seating in Starkville.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

That looks like it was made from stainless steel sheets they raided from the science lab, and as hot as the BMW dashboard that melted my cassette of “The Simpsons Sing the Blues.”

Batman likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So you can enjoy a cold beer from the refrigerator while you grill a steak on the seat next to you.

BTExpress, 2muchcoffeeman and jlee like this.
  8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

$2,700 per year plus $1,800 per game to sautee yourself in the background of a 24-13 loss to Texas A&M. And I bet everyone there will be bitching about the price of gas.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can you leave the fridge in place for the season? Or must you bring it back home after every game?

HanSenSE, poindexter and maumann like this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's Mississippi. Having a refrigerator on the front porch is luxury seating.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was once told why you see so many refrigerators on front porches in Mississippi: Aaron Rents contractually requires it, so they can be repoed without having to go into the house.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve sweated in South Carolina, South Florida, the Caribbean, Death Valley and worked in factories near furnaces.

Nothing prepared me for Mississippi in the summer.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted