1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Story on New York Knicks not inviting "its everyday media" to news conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

2. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I was going to post this on the Thanks AP thread, but -- there's no AP story about Brunson signing with the knicks -- not when they agreed or off of this whatever you want to call this not a press conference. You'd think a major free agent signing in New York would get some attention.

4. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

These types of franchise media interviews are acceptable, in my opinion, but only when they are supplemental to your traditional news coverage which includes a press conference. They should never take the place of a traditional press conference.

Patchen likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Bush league, but nothing new for that franchise. Long history of this.

6. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Honestly, reporters have to learn how to cover teams with limited access. That's why Fred Katz's approach of using film study as the bedrock of coverage is a very good model moving forward.

Tape will always be available. Good access will not.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Comparing this to the reporting around Uvalde? Are you shitting me? Is anyone in charge over there? This is why everyone hates our industry

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sports Barf likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted